Numbness vs. pain

I wish I could go back to feeling numb again.
-Would you really want to be numb?
No I hate it. 
I can't even describe how sad I feel. But I think the numbness is coming back. I hate this so much.
-It's going to be okay baby. You get used to that person not being around anymore.
I really do hate love.
-You don't hate love. You hate people.

-And what do you do with feelings? Exactly. Nothing. Push them aside. Pretend they don't exist. It's the best. It's the easiest. Love is just a drug.

And you get addicted. God, drugs are amazing once you don't have a slightest idea you're addicted. 


I hate love.
I just hate it so much.
It hurts people. It hurts everyone.
I see a woman feeling lonely next to a man she knows. Next to someone she's been married to for years.
I see a man, not sure how to please her. How to make her happy.
I see a mom, having a hard time loving her daughter.
I see a daughter, trying to be good enough to be loved. Trying to love for two.
I see a girl that has stopped believing. A girl that has lost her fate.
I see a boy wanting to love her. Not being able to show her that. Not wanting to. For he has been hurt, showing his emotions, baring himself.

I see people trying to love, failing.
And I see those who don't try.
Those who got hurt so badly they can't bear being let down again,
And those who aren't even willing to try. Because they know. They have heard about the pain loving brings and they aren't inflicting it on  themselves.

And yet, deep down I still believe. I believe in love. And I know I'd choose the pain over the numbness. Because hurting means loving. And loving means feeling. And feeling is being alive.

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

One of the love letters

Some day you will live

Universe in us and us in universe